【HJ’s Parents Mag Interview】Chinese Trans by 无公害芋头
1. Q：看着儿子入伍，作为父母怎么感受呢？A：原本HJ就是不怎么喜欢说话的性格，看着他一个人过的很艰难，作为母亲，心真的很痛，感觉到非常痛苦。Q：在 诉状的情况下去入伍，（HJ）有没有对父母说过什么？A：说不要太担心，虽然在官司期间入伍，但是已经和律师商量好，圆满解决事情就好。
7. “（我们说）之前流产的时候去过（某个）医院，所以我们预约了更大的医院，就是为了确认母亲和孩子的健康，没有别的意思（说流产的事情），然后她（崔）的 父母就大发雷霆，就说我们的孩子是第一次怀孕，为什么要说这样的事情？！我们就说是HJ告诉的，然后对方就不说话了。
10. Q：那之前关于暴行的内容和事实不符的话，有没有诉讼的打算? A:本来是这么想，虽然很不甘心，钱也给了，就让事情都过去了，但是事情已经走到这个地步，更坚定目前的立场。
12. Q：一起去的医院，为什么不能确认？ A:之前预约了医院4次，（崔）都没有来，因为一直要求HJ一同去，因此3月12日，就按约定来到了首尔峨山医院，双方的律师也都一起陪去了。
13. Q：暴行事件之后再度复合、怀孕、提出诉讼的过程都让人惊奇？ A：具体的事情我不会说，只是这个事情被单方面的报道出来感到非常痛心，对于这一方面对方说的是不属实的，这些将由由律师来处理。
Eng Trans for @ ‘s tweet – Chinese trans of HJ’s parents’ magazine interview
1. Qa: How do you feel about your son’s enlistment?
A: (replied by HJ’s mom) Watching HJ suffered so much alone, especially with his quiet personality (a man of few words), my heart ache for him. It was really painful.
Qb: HJ got enlisted in the midst of the lawsuit controversy, did he say anything to you (HJ’s parents)?
A: HJ said not to worry too much. Despite enlisting in the midst of the lawsuit, he had already discussed with lawyer and the matter would be properly settled.
2. “If one were to commit suicide, that would be most terrible. But this is not a major issue so please do not worry”. That was what HJ’s parents said to HJ to comfort him. HJ had thought of leaving the entertainment industry for good. Even when HJ met the lawyer for the first time, he was in such a state of mind.
3. Q: When did you know the existence of Choi?
A: Only knew of her existence last year when the matter was reported in the news. This Choi knew very well how softhearted HJ was. Really shameless!
4. “When the matter happened last year, HJ told us not to worry and that he would take care of it himself. HJ did not want the parents to get involved in the matter.”
HJ’s mom said “Because of the major operation to be undertaken last year, in order not to worry the parents HJ told them he would settle the matter. That was why HJ was left on his own to deal with the matter then.”
5. Q: With regard to the child’s matter, did both families try to resolve the issue?
A: Met Choi’s parents for the first time on 17 January with an apologetic heart. Saw the baby ultra scan photo taken on 9 January, supposedly 5th week of the pregnancy, but there was no name on the scan photo. So there was a strange feeling of “What’s this?!”
6. “Choi did not look well on that day. So we told her, as the body of a pregnant woman may be weaker, it would be better to go to an integrated hospital for a proper check-up. When you (Choi) are healthy only then will the baby be healthy.”
7. “(We said) since she had gone to this particular hospital during her miscarriage previously, we had made an appointment with a larger hospital so that it could better ascertain the health of the mother and baby. There was no other intention (with regard to the miscarriage issue). But Choi’s parents were furious and said that it was the first time their daughter was pregnant, why say such things?! We said that HJ told us. After that, Choi parents stopped talking.”
8. After 17 January, there was no further visit to the hospital to check up on the status of the baby. When both parties met again on 17 February, Choi bitch retorted that she had already given the medical check-up report, why was there a need to go for another check-up?!”
9. “When we met again, Choi’s parents said they already knew about the 1st pregnancy. It was then, for the first time, we found out about the 600 million won settlement. After talking to HJ over the phone then we learnt that Choi bitch had said that she would sue him (HJ) for assaulting a pregnant woman, feeling afraid he gave her the 600 million won.”
10. Q: With regard to the discrepancies between the alleged assault and the truth, was there any intention to take legal action?
A: Despite a sense of unwillingness, we had originally thought of letting the matter passed since money had already been given. But now that the issue had evolved to its current status, we are more firm with our current stance.
11. “Saw the settlement agreement between HJ and Choi bitch. In general, the victim side in receipt of the compensation (money) may stipulate certain clauses. But it was hard to understand with regard to Choi bitch’s demand to keep silence on the her receipt of the 600 million won, and then told the media that it was in the name of her final love for the man that she dropped the charges.”
12. Q: Why cannot verify/ confirm since all went to the hospital together?
A: Choi bitch did not turn up for any of the 4 previous medical appointment as she insisted that HJ must go together. Hence, on 12 March the appointment was made to turn up at the Seoul Asan hospital (首尔峨山). Legal representatives from both sides also turned up at the appointment.
13. Q: The whole process of reconciliation, pregnancy and lawsuit after the assault incident was astounding?
A: While we would not comment on the specifics, it was hurtful how this issue was unilaterally being reported on. What the other side had said was not true at all and we would leave it to the lawyer to deal with it.
Eng Trans of additional info on HJ parents’ magazine interview based on Chinese translation by :倪嘉路Karenkim13 (These info were not included in my earlier translations.)
Wanted to translate this part of the interview because I strongly feel that HJ has been so misunderstood by people that whatever he does (after the alleged assault incident), some bad people (especially the trash media) will always twist his words and actions to put him in a bad light to defame him. HJ does them no wrong and certainly does not deserve to be treated this way. I’m glad HJ parents had the opportunity to straighten things out on his behalf.
I also wanted to share this part of the interview because it showed how much HJ really loves his fans. He mentioned about giving a free concert on the 10th year on several occasions and he really kept his promise to his fans. No doubt there was a tinge of sadness because the concert did not take place but as a fan of HJ, I’m already touched by his sweet gesture and thoughtfulness. I believe there will always be another opportunity for a concert by HJ for his fans in the future. As of now, I’m just happy and proud to be KIM HYUN JOONG fan.
– HJ parents also talked about the criticism surrounding HJ’s enlistment. HJ’s intention to enlist was clear when he received the enlistment notice. Yet people linked his enlistment to the lawsuit controversy and badmouthed him that he was trying to escape/ run away from the issue!
– HJ parents mentioned that in the letter handwritten by HJ to his fans, HJ mentioned that he left (for enlistment) feeling in debt. There was a hidden reason for saying that. This year would mark the 10th anniversary of HJ’s debut and he had wanted to organize a free concert to thank his fans who have been supporting him for the last 10 years. The original plan was to hold the concert in April, after the Japan tour, and to be enlisted in May. Unfortunately, the free concert plan fell through and he had to be enlisted. HJ felt very apologetic towards his fans, and hence, he wrote that (feeling in debt) in his letter to the fans. HJ parents retorted that those who do not understand the situation should refrain from talking (nonsense)!
Now that I’ve let off steam, I’m back to normal. :D I’m praying that HJ’s lawyer, Mr Lee, will come through for HJ on day of trial. I’m praying that he will be able to lift the heavy burden that has been on his shoulders for a long time now and bring justice and peace to the entire Kim family including his friends and fans. It will be the best birthday gift for our HJ.
Each time I read about these interviews (thanks to our generous translators), i cannot imagine the emotional pain that HJ had to go through …. his parents included. To see your child hurting so much is the worst and unimaginable feeling for any parent. I’m glad that they have chosen to speak out ….to tell the story and expose the truth. And what court will not believe them….they’re decent people. There is really no need to convince the court right? Who in their right mind will believe this woman over HJ’s parents?
From day 1, I have asked myself ….why HJ? I’m sure Hj would have asked himself the same question. He would never have imagined something like this to happen to him…he would never have imagined that a woman he once fell for was this evil.
…and even when the truth is revealed, there will always be people who will still choose to believe the lies…people who will remain unforgiving…people who will continue to unfairly label him. They may never go away.
She’s delivered a big blow to HJ. She’s destroyed everything that’s he’s worked hard for. She’s cut a deep wound and the scar will be there for a long time…permanent even.
Time heals all wounds but in this instance, it could take a long time… even after MS. This is why we have to continue to support HJ. We have to reassure him that we will not leave him. Let’s pray that HJ or any of our loved ones, will never ever meet, much less get involved, with a person like this woman.